Recent Posts

Thursday, May 19, 2011

OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO

This is going to be a long post! We've have been up to so much and I have been horrible at updating everything. This past month has probably been the craziest month of my whole life, but it has been the best! We've been to St. George, Steve finished finals, flew to Hawaii, Steve started school again, went to Kanab to help Grandpa and Grandma Crosby, I applied for a job in the New Born ICU at Utah Valley, my best friend had a beautiful baby boy, and we hiked Havasupai with Sam and Allison! What a month! Now for the details....

So it was the week before BYU finals and my family wanted to go to St. George, but since Steve was so stressed and had so much to study for, he ended up staying home. It work out well though because he was able to study all week without me trying to convince him to do otherwise and hang out with me. :) I have a tendency to do that...poor guy. Anyway, I was able to head down with my family and we had so much fun! We just went down from Wednesday to Sunday and it was the perfect get away! 

  
Riding the shuttle up to Emerald Pools   
Love my cute parents!
Zions!
Hiking up to Emerald Pools
Thanks mom and dad!
 We got home on Sunday night, I unpacked and then packed again. Steve got up early Monday morning to take his final (and he did amazing!). When he was done we met at Grandma Nelson's in Provo and then headed up to the airport! Dee, Pat, Steve, and I met Matt and Tana at the airport and we were off to paradise!
On our way!
Our first day there we went and saw the punchbowl. That was really cool because we were able to see the names and stories of people who gave their lives in the Battle of the Pacific during WWII. There was a really neat spirit there, and it was such a beautiful memorial! 

My cute mother-in-law

Most of the graves had crosses on them but we found this one that looked like the Angel Moroni and thought maybe this guy was LDS :)







At the top of the memorial climbing for coconuts!







Our handsome men!

Love my sister Tana!

I have THE best in laws!

After the memorial we went on a hike to try and find a waterfall....we never found it haha but the hike was beautiful! 





Tana had this little knife thing in her pocket that we couldn't stop laughing about. On our hike there was a bunch of ginger root that we wanted to cut and take home, we remembered Tana had her little knife and whipped it out! haha we couldn't stop laughing!


 The view from our room! It was heaven!




 Steve and I love to read books together. We'll read one chapter and then switch off. Sometimes one of us will read forward without the other one and then we'll have to fill each other in on what's going on. We started to read The Forest of Hands and Teeth, and while we were filling each other in on everything, it got Matt and Tana hooked too! We all took turns reading to each other the whole trip. It was a lot of fun!



Reading and watching the sunset!      

 TURTLE BEACH






WAIMEA FALLS














 
 So... I don't have any pictures of this and I wish I did because it was hilarious. We wanted to go to the temple so all of us woke up early to make it to the 9 o'clock session. All of us were ready and waiting outside our hotel room for Pat because she had to go to the bathroom. After awhile Steve decided to go in and find out what was going on. When he opened the door we all heard him yell, "HOLY SMOKES!" and the door shut behind him. I could hear him coughing and gagging! None of us had a key so I started banging on the door. When he opened it we all piled in and there was smoke everywhere! Somehow our stove top turned on and it had a bag of chips on top of the burner. The alarm went off and we had to wait for someone to come up and check everything out. We almost burned down our hotel haha if it wasn't for Pat we never would have gone back in and it would have been a disaster. We did make it in time for the 9 o'clock session but we all smelt like smoke!

One morning Dee woke Steve and I up because he met a guy while on a walk that morning who said he would take us deep sea fishing! Dee LOVES to fish so he was so excited! I had never been deep sea fishing before so I was excited too. Pat stayed home because she get sea sick but the rest of us headed out! Everyone did really well for about the first hour and then the queasiness started to settle in for Steve, Matt and Tana. They spent most of the time in the cabin asleep. We were able to reel in some fish though before that all happened! 

We had to help each other





I lost mine :(

So did Tana 


After 6 hours we only ended up with 2 tuna but it sure was fun and a yummy dinner!
Jamie was the captain of our boat and his boat was docked in the same harbor as the black pearl so we were able to pull up right next to it!


 
EASTER ON THE BEACH
Steve and I went down to the beach on Easter morning before church and they had an Easter egg hunt for all the little kids.





LAST DAY :(












Thank you Pat and Dee for the best vacation!






1 comments:

Kayla said...

Lauren! How fun! I love vacationing!! Looks like you had a blast!

Sorry you lost your fish! And seriously smart to bring ginger home!! So funny!

Post a Comment

Followers